- NOTICE: Old Hershey Road will be CLOSED to through traffic
between the intersections with Round Top Road and Ridge Road effective Monday, April 28, 2014. The
closure is expected to last at least 6 months, until the culvert at 3370 Old Hershey Road is replaced.
The closure is by order of the Board of Supervisors acting on the recommendation of the Township
Engineer. Township Road Map . [Apr 22 2014]
- Park Phase 2B Grant: Conewago Township will receive a Local Share Gaming Grant from
Dauphin County in the amount of $66,700. This will cover one half of the townships cost in providing
additional improvements to Conewago Township Park. Facilities to be developed include: basketball
court, tennis court, volleyball court, pavilion.
[Feb 21, 2014]
- NOTICE: PennDOT is responsible for snow removal on state roads
within the township. Click to see Township Road Map . To report
problems call PennDOT (717) 787-5391. [Feb 25, 2014]
- NOTICE: A portion of Old Hershey Road (between Roundtop Road
and Ridge Road) has been REDUCED TO A ONE LANE ROAD effective immediately. Please yield to
oncoming traffic in both directions and proceed with caution. [Nov 22, 2013]
- 2014 Budget: [Nov 14, 2013]
- NOTICE: Old Hershey Road/Colebrook Road (SR341)
Intersection is now a 4-Way Stop intersection [Dec 4, 2013]
- White Pines Drive Grant: Conewago Township has received disaster assistance
from FEMA and PEMA in the amount of $86,137.17. This will cover the entire cost of
repairs to White Pine Drive due to damage from Tropical Storm Lee. [Sep 13, 2013]
- Movie Nite Pix: Conewago Township held a movie night in the Park on August
30, 2013. See Pix Here. [Sep 4, 2013]
- Koser Bridge Grant: Conewago Township has received a Local Share Gaming Grant
from Dauphin County in the amount of $132,000. This will cover one half of the townships
cost in replacing Koser Bridge. [Jun 11, 2013]
- Park Phase 2 Grant: (Press Release)
The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Community
Conservation Partnerships Program has awarded a $200,000 Keystone Recreation,
Park and Conservation Fund grant for the development of Conewago Township Park.
The township will provide $200,000 in matching funds. Facilities to be developed
include: baseball field, multi-purpose field, parking area, pedestrian
walkways, and playground equipment. [Nov 20, 2012]
- Township Emergency Management Coordinator: Interested in volunteering for
this position? Click for more info. [Feb 28, 2012]
- SEVERE WEATHER PROBLEMS: At 10AM Thu Feb 6, 2014
RIDGE RD is closed between CHESTNUT RD and OLD HERSHEY RD, downed trees and power lines.
CHESTNUT RD is closed between RIDGE RD and COLEBROOK RD.
Much of the township is without power. There are many trees down and low hanging lines.
Current METED projection for restoring power is Friday Feb 7 at 6pm.
The Conewago Elementary School is closed.[Feb 6, 2014 10 am]
- The township building now has electricity, phone and internet back on.
[Feb 6, 2014 4pm]
- Camp Conewago will be held at the Elementary School
July 29-Aug 1 and Aug 5-Aug 8 from 9am-12n for kids age 5-11.
Please Register by July 19.
(Flyer and Registration form)
[Jun 24, 2013]
- Camp Conewago will be held at the Elementary School July 9-12 and 16-19 from 9am-12n for
kids age 5-11. Please Register by May 29. (Reg Form) [May 14, 2012]
- Koser Bridge Bidding Mt Joy Twp is administering the bid process for the joint Conewago-Mt
Joy replacement of Koser Bridge. PreBid conference May 17. Bids are due June 5. For more info: (Bid Ad) [May 14, 2012]
- Outdoor Burn Bans took effect in Lancaster Co. on Apr 13, 2012 and Lebanon Co. on Apr 14,
2012. While no ban is currently in effect in Dauphin Co. residents are advised to use caution with
regard to outdoor burning. [Apr 14, 2012]
- Interested in serving as volunteer township Emergency Management Coordinator? Click for more info. [Feb 28, 2012]
- Jan 18, 2012 6:00 PM Park Plan Public Meeting at Hershey Library (News Release)
- Repairs to White Pine Drive are complete. Final paving in spring 2012. [Dec 18, 2011]
- 2012 Budget adopted. [Dec 14, 2011]
- Nov 8, 2011 voters reject 5 member board by vote of 398-no 311-yes
- Information on the Flood Emergency including flood disaster
aid instructions. [Sep 13, 2011]
- Camp Conewago - June 20-23,27-30, 2011 (reg. form) [May
- 2011 Budget [Dec 2010]
- Park Land Acquisition Completed - (News Release) [Sep
- Snow Emergency is lifted Effective 9:00pm Feb 11, 2010. Township Roads which had closed
due to Snow Emergency declaration on Feb 10 are now reopened. [Feb 11, 2010]
- Snow Emergency Declaration [Feb 10, 2010]
- Supervisors Feb 10, 2010 meeting CANCELED due to severe weather forecast. Rescheduled for Feb
- Gates Road Construction [Sep 2009]