Gates Road Closed
Update - Cement additive and second time reclaiming to stabilize the road will take place the week of Sept 14th. This will cause some delay but nothing like the first that was accomplished on Sept 1,2,3.. About ten days later the road will then be paved and traffic line placed on the road. Signage will follow
The work will start again Sept 1, 2009 From 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- The first day will be used to finish the side widening on both sides of the roadway.
- September 2 and 3 the entire road will be milled, leveled, and rolled with additives of Portland cement added.
- This will leave a level surface that can be driven on but very carefully.
- It takes about two weeks for Portland Cement Material to setup.
- We are Planning for the third week of September to blacktop, signs and line markings will be added.
- Lower Dauphin School has been notified and the buses will try to run on time. We will try not to delay these buses.
- For all others our contract states that the contractor can hold a vehicle up to twenty minutes max before they must allow them to pass. Again this is something we will continue to monitor. Even if the road is closed we will allow vehicles travel
Please be patient the month of September for Gates Road Improvement
Dir of Admin/ Road Master.